Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Federer, Nadal Reach Wimbledon Final Again


Roger Federer will have a chance to become the fourth player in Wimbledon history to win five successive titles at The Championships on Sunday.
The Swiss superstar will look to win his 11th career Grand Slam crown against Rafael Nadal, the World No. 2 from Spain, in a repeat of last year’s final.


Federer [on Nadal]: “He had a couple of scares here, you know. He could have lost two matches. Came through. So in the end it looks like he played incredible again. But I think he was struggling a little bit. I don't know if he's playing better. The draw's been different for him. But he's tough as always, consistent. Gave himself a chance. He totally deserves to be back in the final.
[On the watching Bjorn Borg]: “It will be an incredible, awesome feeling for me to achieve this goal because never, ever and I think the same for him we thought we were going to win Wimbledon so many times. Now I'm in the position to equal his great record. I saw him sitting there today. Thank God only in the second set so I could concentrate on the first set first. It is tricky when you see him sitting there because he is a living legend. I have so much respect for him that it is great that he's here. I hope I can do the job tomorrow.”
Nadal [differences between now and 2006 final]: “This year I am playing so much better than last year, no? Sure, for all the season I am playing so much better. Sure, he's the favorite. No one have any doubt about this. But I going to try my best, no? Try to continuing playing my aggressive tennis and try to go to the court believing in the victory.
“I know I have to improve. If I was winning the final last year, if I lose for sure, too, I have to improve lot of things for continuing be in the top positions. And if I want to win here any day, I need to continuing improving my serve, my volley, my slice, my aggressive game, everything. Anyway, I play two finals. That's very good. But, well, I will see tomorrow. But I have to improve. I just have 21 years old one month ago.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

baba khareji balad

"gharibeh"